Tuesday, September 15, 2015

CRUSADERING BLUES



Woked up this morning the Pope was at my door
Yes I woke up this morning Mister Pope was at my door
Said he don’t wanna see me round this place no more.

I got a demoiselle lives just the other side of town
Oh, I got a demoiselle lives across this here old town
Sometimes my demoiselle likes to fool around.

This wine is weak and I ain’t hardly drunk
This wine’s so weak that I ain’t hardly drunk
My demoiselle’s been foolin with a barefoot monk

Gonna sell all my land, go on a crusade
Gonna sell my land, gonna go on a long crusade
Cause my demoiselle’s just so doggone mean, babe.

Got a wife in Rheims and one in Italy
Got a wife in Rheims and one, maybe two, in Italy
What good are wives when my demoiselle don’t love me?

Put my new shoes on gonna walk to the Holy Land
Put these new shoes on gonna walk to the Holy Land
Probably leave my bones resting in the holy sand.

Tell the Saracens baby and then go tell the Jews
Tell the Saracens babe and go tell it to the Jews
A man can surely die of the crusaderin’ blues.


No comments:

Post a Comment