Wednesday, November 30, 2022

GETTING METAL

Knowing no one else in New York in 1882

I have requested my Great-grandfather Juda

To get from 98 Seneca Street in Buffalo 

The celebrated steel products of Fowler & Sons

Whose catalogue providence has put in my hands.

Soon, I'll be able to make barrels whose hoops

Will last forever. My horses will wear shoes

Of Hobson's Celebrated English Choice cast steel and,

Though I'm not sure what use it will be to me

I'll have any amount of Black Diamond

Tool steel shaped into octagonals, rounds and squares

As well as some ribbon flats. If the mood is on him,

I think Juda will well deserve his own cache

Of Tire, Toe Calk and Sleigh Shoes

Made of special, patented self-hardening steel

At three quarter cents extra a pound. Hang the expense!



No comments:

Post a Comment