Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FROM THE MEMOIRS



          I had been to Heaven a few times, just in the way of business, and while I found the inhabitants to be, by and large, insufferable, the place itself was heartshakingly beautiful. Skies a shade of blue with faint hints of gold, filled with all sorts of colorful traffic -- six winged seraphs, mirrored thrones flashing in and out of existence, random self-important angels; symmetrical paths of veined marble leading in wonderful intertraceries that, a nagel once assured me, were both a reflection of and a clue to the nameless heart of God. The sort of place which almost made me regret not having a soul. Not quite, mind you, since I'd long decided that regrets were useless weight, and there was only so much I could carry in the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment